Back to all Recipes Serving Suggestion
- 3⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 (8.25-ounce) jar DOÑA MARIA® Mole Original
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/3 cups Manchego cheese, shredded
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Place oven rack in bottom third of the oven.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic over medium heat 10 minutes. Stir in mole sauce and broth. Cook 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and cream; stir in cheese.
- Place puff pastry sheet in the bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate; cut to fit.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over puff pastry.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes; cut into wedges.