Back to all Recipes Serving Suggestion
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 (5 ounce) bag fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup HERDEZ® Salsa Verde
- 1 (1 pound) package jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1/4 cups HERDEZ® Salsa Casera
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen, charred in a skillet if desired
- 1 avocado, diced
- Queso fresco if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoon olive oil. When the oil is hot, add spinach, salt, and pepper; sauté about 2 minutes. Transfer spinach to a large mixing bowl.
- Use the same pan to warm tortillas; set aside covered with a clean kitchen towel.
- To spinach add shredded cheese, corn, and HERDEZ® Salsa Verde. Mix to combine.
- Place ¼ cup HERDEZ® Salsa Casera in the bottom of the lightly greased casserole dish.
- Fill 6 warmed tortillas with 2 tablespoons cheese mixture, roll up and lay evenly on bottom of the dish.
- Top with ½ cup HERDEZ® Salsa Casera and ½ cup cheese mixture. Fill remaining 6 tortillas with cheese mixture and layer on top of first 6; top with HERDEZ® Salsa Casera then remaining cheese mixture.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil, bake 10 minutes, remove aluminum foil and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are golden.Garnish with fresh avocado and queso fresco if desired.