Back to all Recipes Serving Suggestion
- 1 dried pasilla chile (chile negro)
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth, divided
- 1 pound HORMEL® Always Tender® pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 (15-ounce) cans hominy, drained
- 1 cup HERDEZ® Salsa Verde
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (4.25-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- Suggested toppings: Shredded cabbage, sliced radishes, chopped onions, cheese, and chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, soak dried chile in enough boiling water to cover 20 to 30 minutes or until softened.
- Drain well and remove the stem.
- In a food processor, place soaked chile and 1 cup chicken broth. Puree until smooth.
- In a slow cooker, pour pureed chile mixture. Add all remaining ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on HIGH setting 5 to 6 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove bay leaf. Garnish servings with suggested toppings.