Back to all Recipes Serving Suggestion
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup oil, for frying
- 20 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (19-ounce) can LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce Mild
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Place roast in a large saucepan that has a tight-fitting lid.
- Pour in water, cover, and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium/high, and brown the roast on all sides.
- Once the water has boiled away, pour in the beef broth, vinegar, chili powder, and cumin.
- Cover tightly and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the beef falls apart when you try to pick it up. Shred the beef, using 2 forks or your fingers.
- Place shredded beef back into the saucepan with all the juices, and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Using tongs, dip the tortillas one at a time into the oil for 30 seconds each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread 4 tablespoons of LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce down the center of the tortilla. Top with about the same amount of beef.
- Roll up and place seam side down in one or two 8×11 inch baking dish.
- Repeat for each tortilla. Continue until you are out of filling.
- Top with remaining LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.