Back to all Recipes Serving Suggestion
- 1 (4-pound) FARMER JOHN® Bone-In Pork Picnic Roast
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeño cut in half and seeds removed
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 cups LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 orange, juiced
- Rinse and dry pork shoulder.
- In small mixing bowl, combine dried oregano, ground cumin, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper.
- Rub spice mixture on pork.
- Place pork in slow cooker (fat cap up) and top with onion, jalapeño and garlic cloves.
- Pour enchilada sauce and orange juice over top.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- Meat should be tender and falling off bone (USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145ºF for pork).
- Carefully remove pork from slow cooker, reserving liquid, and let cool slightly. Shred pork using two forks.
- Skim off fat from liquid remaining in slow cooker and discard.
- Pour 1 cup juices over shredded pork and mix to combine.