- 1-pint buttermilk
- ¼ cup HERDEZ® Guajillo Pepper Paste
- 2 teaspoons salt, separated
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts, pounded to equal thickness
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Oil for deep fryer
ANCHO PASILLA MAYONNAISE
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon HERDEZ® Ancho & Pasilla Pepper Paste
- 4 brioche buns
- ½ cup Ancho-Pasilla Mayonnaise
- Pickle slices
- 4 Fried Guajillo Buttermilk Marinated Chicken Breast
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Mix HERDEZ® Guajillo Pepper Paste with buttermilk and 1 teaspoon salt. Marinate chicken at least 2 hours (or up to 24 hours).
- Mix spices with flour. Dip marinated chicken into seasoned flour, then back into buttermilk marinade, then again in seasoned flour.
- Set deep fryer to 365°. Fry chicken until crispy and golden brown and internal temperature is 165° (about 6 minutes).
- To build sandwiches, toast buns; spread Ancho-Pasilla mayo on each bun.
- Top with chicken, then lettuce. Finish with pickles and top bun.