A lightly fried tortilla filled with cheese, beef and potatoes. It's the ultimate comfort dish with a side of spice.
- 1 medium russet potato, washed and diced
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chopped white onion, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 6 ounces HERDEZ® Chipotle Salsa Cremosa
- 10 ounces queso Chihuahua or Oaxaca, shredded
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat 3 tablespoons oil. Add potatoes. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and nearly cooked through. Transfer potatoes to a paper towel lined plate.
- In same skillet, over medium heat, add beef, salt, granulated garlic, cumin and pepper. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, breaking up with back of spoon, until cooked through.
- In blender cup, place tomatoes, 1/4 cup onion, garlic, oregano and HERDEZ® Chipotle Salsa Cremosa. Blend on high until smooth. Add to beef mixture in skillet. Stir in reserved potatoes. Bring to simmer. Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
- Heat griddle to medium. Coat griddle with a small amount of remaining oil. Working in batches, lightly fry tortillas on each side; fill each tortilla with cheese and meat mixture. Fold each tortilla over like a taco; brush with additional salsa, cook 1 to 2 minutes or until crisped.
- Transfer quesatacos to serving platter. Garnish with remaining diced onion and cilantro. Drizzle with remaining salsa.