Beef Taco Empanadas
A wonderfully fun and simple dish that's just as exciting to eat as is it to make! Whip up some beef taco empanadas with your kids tonight!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup canned kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Salt to taste
- 1 package of pre-made pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, corn, and beans and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
- To the same skillet, add ground beef, salt, pepper, and LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce.
- Sauté until ground beef is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add shredded cheese and remove from heat.
- While taco mixture is cooling, lay pie crust dough flat.
- Use a 3 or 4 inch round cookie cutter to cut as many rounds as you can from the rolled dough.
- Add 2 tablespoons of mixture to the middle of each dough circle, fold them closed by hand, and use a fork to press the edges.
- Brush each empanada with beaten egg wash.
- Place empanadas on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve with LA VICTORIA® Fiesta Salsa Verde