Black Bean Tamale Pie with Cheese Crust
The spicy, mouth-watering CHI-CHI'S® Black Bean Tamale Pie with Cheese Crust with CHI-CHI'S® Thick & Chunky Salsa is as easy as pie and tastier too.
1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup CHI-CHI’S® Thick & Chunky Salsa Medium
- 2 tablespoons CHI-CHI’S® Green Jalapeños Whole, minced
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- WHOLLY GUACAMOLE® dip to serve
- CHI-CHI’S® Thick & Chunky Salsa to serve
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- In large skillet, cook beef, onion, and bell pepper until beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in beans, salsa, and jalapeños; remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, combine corn muffin mix, 1 cup cheese, 1/4 cup milk, and egg. Stir just until moistened.
- Press mixture over bottom and up sides of pie plate.
- Spoon beef mixture into crust.
- Bake pie 20 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 2 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut pie into wedges.
- Serve with guacamole and salsa.