Breakfast Stuffed Peppers with SALSA BRAVA®
Breakfast Stuffed Peppers are a great brunch or family breakfast for holiday guests. Easy to prepare ahead and the perfect pair with our SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce.
- 1 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ⅔ cup of diced mushrooms
- 1 (2-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (7-ounce) can LA VICTORIA® Diced Green Chilis
- 4 ounces LA VICTORIA® Diced Jalapenos
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Thick n’ Chunky Salsa Mild
- ¾ cup shredded cheese, divided
- 4 yellow bell peppers, halved & seeded
- 5 orange bell peppers, halved & seeded
- 18 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® hot sauce
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper & set aside.
- In medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, cook onion 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cook another 2 minutes.
- Add breakfast sausage and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
- Drain the fat and add the taco seasoning.
- Follow the packet instructions.
- Stir in green chilis, jalapenos, salsa and cheese.
- Lay out bell pepper halves on prepared sheet pan. (Tip: make sure your halves lay completely flat, as to keep the egg from overflowing – Cut the bottom just barely, if needed)
- Fill each bell pepper with sausage mixture ⅔ full.
- Crack an egg over each filled pepper.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes, or until eggs are set to your desire.
- Garnish with cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® hot sauce.