- 8 taco size flour tortillas
- Oil, for frying
- 1 15-ounce package HERDEZ™ Carnitas Slow Cooked Pork
- ¼ cup beer
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- ½ cup HERDEZ® Roasted Salsa Roja Medium
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- ½ cup guacamole
- Mexican crema
- Chopped green onions
- 2 cups julienned or shredded jicama
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Pour oil 2 to 3-inches deep into a skillet and heat to 375°F.
- Fry tortillas 15 to 30 seconds each side or until golden brown, carefully folding into a taco shell shape. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towel lined tray.
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine pork, beer and chipotle en adobo. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meat is shredded and mixture is heated through.
- Divide pork among prepared tortilla shells. Top with salsa, Jicama Slaw, cheese, guacamole, crema and green onions.
- For Jicama Slaw: In medium bowl place jicama, carrots and onions. In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and taco seasoning. Pour over jicama mixture. Toss to coat. Stir in cilantro.