- 1 (8.25-ounce) jar DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 pounds cooked shredded chicken
- 1 ½ cups lard
- 2 pounds pre-made masa harina
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups refried beans
- 1 (8 – ounce) package dried corn husks soaked in water
- In large stock pot over medium heat combine DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original and chicken broth. Cook 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Add chicken, cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- In large mixing bowl using electric mixer, beat lard 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Divide masa into thirds. Gradually beat into lard one-third at a time until well combined. Season to taste with salt.
- Pat corn husk dry with paper towels. Spread masa across husk leaving 1-inch border on all sides. Top masa with thin layer of beans. Cover beans with layer of mole mixture.
- Fold bottom one-third of corn husk over filling; fold sides in toward center. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a steamer basket set over a large pot of boiling water. Place tamales vertically in basket. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and the lid. Steam 1 hour, turn heat off and rest 1 hour more.