Skip to content
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 32-ounce container chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce package HERDEZ™ Chicken Shredded in Mild Chipotle Sauce, roughly chopped
- 1 15-ounce can hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced radishes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions, salt and pepper. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until onions are softened and beginning to brown. Add broth and tomatoes. Bring to boil.
- Stir in chicken and hominy. Simmer 5 to 6 minutes until heated through.
- Serve individual bowls garnished with cabbage, avocado, radishes, cilantro and lime wedges.