For Taquito Filling:
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup LA VICTORIA® Salsa Jalapeña
- 1/2 cup shredded queso Chihuahua or queso quesadilla
- 6 corn tortillas
For Salsa Mexicana Garnish:
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 Serrano chile (about 1 1/2 to 2 inches in length), finely diced
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, mix 2 cups shredded chicken, 1/2 cup Salsa Jalapeña and 1/2 cup shredded Chihuahua cheese or queso quesadilla. Set aside.
- Heat oven 400° F. Line baking sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- On comal or skillet, heat tortillas so they’re pliable, but not completely cooked.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll tightly.
- Place taquitos on a parchment-lined baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake in oven, turning after 7 minutes. Turn taquitos 3 times to ensure tortillas get sufficiently baked and crunchy. It is normal for some filling to leak out.
- While taquitos are baking, make Salsa Mexicana garnish.
- Seed and dice 2 Roma tomatoes, dice the half serrano chile, finely dice the 1/4 cup white onion, and finely chop 2 tablespoons cilantro. Mix well and set aside.
- When taquitos are done, spoon additional Salsa Jalapeña if desired, then sprinkle with Salsa Mexicana as a garnish.
- Serve warm.