- 6 medium poblano peppers
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups queso panela cheese, diced
- 2 cups DOÑA MARIA® Mole Verde
- Garnish: shredded queso fresco
- Place oven rack 6 inches from heat source.
- Heat broiler.
- Place poblano peppers on baking sheet and broil 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until skins are charred and blackened. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Carefully remove pepper skins with a paper towel. Using a paring knife, make 2-inch cut in pepper and carefully remove seeds and membrane. Set aside.
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion and next 3 ingredients for 3 minutes. Transfer onion mixture to medium bowl. Add panela cheese and mix well. Carefully spoon about 1⁄4 cup onion mixture into each pepper. Spoon about 1⁄4 cup mole sauce onto a baking sheet and place stuffed peppers over mole sauce. Top with remaining mole sauce and bake 20 minutes. Garnish, if desired.