Skip to content
- 3 Tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
- 16 ounces ziti, rigatoni or medium shells pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Herdez® Chipotle Salsa Cremosa
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces Mexican chorizo, cooked
- 1 cup Mexican crema
- 10 ounces Oaxaca or Chihuahua cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces cotija cheese, finely crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- In a large, deep skillet, add oil and heat to medium.
- Add uncooked pasta. Toast and fry the pasta, stirring often, for 5-7 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, and black pepper to toast pasta in the skillet. Saute for 3
- Add chipotle salsa cremosa and chicken broth. Stir gently. Cover, reduce heat slightly,
and continue cooking for 15-25minues or until pasta is cooked through.
- Mix in the chorizo, Mexican crema and Oaxaca cheese. Reserve other cheese for garnish.
Cook on low just until cheese melts.
- Place skillet under the broiler on high. Broil until Cheese starts to bubble and brown
lightly. Remove from oven.
- Right before serving, garnish with Cotija cheese and cilantro.