- 5 large Yukon Gold potatoes, rinsed
- 2 cups milk
- 2 EMBASA® Chipotle Chiles in adobo, pureed until smooth
- 2 sticks butter, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped chives
- Butter and chives
- In large pot of water over high heat add whole potatoes. Bring to boil; reduce to simmer. Cook 30 to 40 minutes or until tender.
- In medium saucepan, combine milk and chipotle puree. Simmer 10 minutes.
- When potatoes are tender, pour out all water; quickly peel the jackets off cooked potatoes. Cut potatoes into pieces and place back into pot. Let potatoes rest 5 minutes.
- Using a food mill or a cheese grater, grind potatoes until smooth. Slowly stir in warm chile milk and cold butter, stirring frequently to melt butter and incorporate milk.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with additional butter and chives.