This skillet breakfast is the one-dish meal that will make you want breakfast for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Top with SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce for an extra kick of heat.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ large white onion, chopped
- ½ large red bell pepper, chopped 3 jalepeños, seeded and chopped 3.5 ounces chorizo
- 1 ½ cups chopped spinach
- 10 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- LA VICTORIA Salsa Brava hot sauce
- Cojita cheese, crumbled
- Chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place 10 lightly greased mini cast iron skillets on 2 large rimmed baking pans.
- Place in oven to preheat 8 to 10 minutes or until hot.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add onions, red peppers, and jalepeños.
- Cook 7 to 8 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add chorizo and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked and crumbly.
- Stir in spinach and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in chorizo mixture and cherry tomatoes.
- Remove heated skillets from oven and carefully ladle egg mixture into each.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until set.
- Top with hot sauce, Cotija cheese and cilantro.