- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups spinach leaves, washed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 (30- ounce) jar DOÑA MARÍA® Nopalitos, drained
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup roasted panela cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- In blender cup place 1 cup chicken broth, spinach, and cream. Blend on high speed 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and nopales. Sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add remaining broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt. Add spinach mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve topped with cheese, cilantro, and chili flakes.