Mole Pork Ribs
Add authentic Mexican flavor to this pork rib dish with DOÑA MARÍA® Original Mole Sauce. Infusing your dish with traditional mole flavor has never been easier. Try these tasty mole pork ribs for dinner tonight!
- 4 pounds fresh pork ribs
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons diced yellow onion
- 1 whole dried Pasilla chile pepper with stem, veins and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (8.25-ounce) jar DOÑA MARÍA® Original Mole Sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped dark chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons pork fat (saved from pork ribs after frying)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Season pork ribs with salt and pepper and place meat side down in a large, high-sided sauté pan over medium heat.
- Cook ribs over medium heat to render fat, then continue cooking until golden. Turn ribs, remove from heat and set aside.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of pork fat from ribs into a separate saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Add sesame seeds, onion, Pasilla chile, peanuts, allspice, and garlic, and cook, stirring often, until onions and chiles are tender for about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and allow mixture to cool.
- In a blender, combine cooled sauté mixture with 1 cup of water and blend until smooth.
- Add DOÑA MARÍA® Original Mole Sauce, chocolate, chicken broth, and remaining water, and blend until combined.
- Strain sauce through a fine sieve and discard solids.
- Place pan on the stove over medium heat and add prepared mole sauce.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cover pan.
- Simmer until ribs are cooked through and tender, and sauce has thickened.