Easy Bunuelos (Churro Crisps)
How do you top off the perfect taco night? With a homemade Tortilla Churro Crips, of course! An easy way to enjoy a Mexican dessert classic at home.
- 2 cups oil
- 10 CHI-CHI’S® Taco Style Flour Tortillas
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- In medium saucepan, heat oil to 350°- 375°. (Use thermometer to manage heat).
- While oil is heating, combine sugar and cinnamon in shallow medium bowl, set aside.
- Fry one tortilla at a time, for 40 seconds, flipping halfway through. (Use wooden spoon to keep tortillas from bubbling too high).
- Drain grease on paper towel lined plate.
- Quickly coat with cinnamon sugar mixture.