Easy Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Verde Tacos
This is one of the best chicken taco recipes because you can use the chicken for so much more than just tacos! Incredibly tender even after shredding, it has a spicy, bold, and citrusy flavor that’s perfect for nachos, quesadillas, and more. Make a double batch of easy slow-cooker spicy chicken verde tacos to serve with tacos and save some for later.
4 Hours 20 Minutes
- 2 cups LA VICTORIA® Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1/4 cup LA VICTORIA® Thick N’ Chunky Salsa Verde Medium
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Shredded cabbage or lettuce
- Sliced avocados
- Lime wedges
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Combine LA VICTORIA® Green Enchilada Sauce, LA VICTORIA® Thick N’ Chunky Salsa Verde Medium, garlic cloves, cumin, salt, and pepper in slow cooker. Whisk to combine.
- Add chicken thighs to slow cooker and toss to coat with sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or until chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove chicken thighs from slow cooker and shred meat using two forks.
- Add some cooking sauce to moisten chicken, if needed.
- To serve, warm tortillas and set out toppings.
- Invite everyone to create his or her own tacos!