- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ⅓ (78g) jar DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original
- 1 ¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 pound shredded chicken
- 12 pre-formed empanada dough, 4-inch diameter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- In small skillet, over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic until cooked.
- Add DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original and chicken broth. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- When mixture is smooth, add shredded chicken. Heat over low heat for 2 minutes, add salt, pepper, and reserve.
- Add mixture to empanada dough.
- With brush, paint the edges, and fold in half to form a crescent shape.
- With fork, seal edges of empanada.
- In medium skillet, over medium heat, add oil, and fry empanadas on both sides.
- Remove empanadas and place onto kitchen paper, remove excess oil, and enjoy accompanied by chimichurri sauce.