- 4 slices HORMEL® BLACK LABEL® Bacon, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup amber beer (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In large Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add onion, jalapeño and garlic and cook 8 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in chili powder and cumin and cook 1 minute. Add enchilada sauce and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Garnish,