Complete dinner with this amazing side dish whether you are serving Mexican favorites or not! Great along side grilled chicken or your favorite taco.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 ½ cups long-grain rice
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Red or Green Enchilada Sauce
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add bell peppers and cook 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in rice and cook 1 minute.
- Add water, enchilada sauce, corn and salt and bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cover with lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro.