Flautas Con Mole
These delicious flautas with mole will be music to your stomach. Get ready for your family to ask for a second round.
- 1 (19.04 – ounces) DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Ready to Serve
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- In small pot, pour 4 cups of water, add potatoes, salt, and garlic. Cook to boil.
- Once potato is soft, drain water. Smash potatoes with fork, add pepper and reserve.
- Heat skillet, add corn tortillas, and heat for 1 minute on both sides.
- Fill tortillas with mashed potato, fold and secure with toothpicks to keep folded form.
- In medium skillet, over medium heat, fry the flautas in oil until golden brown, when ready, use kitchen paper to remove excess fat.
- In a small pot, over low heat, add DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Ready to Serve, for heat 4 minutes.
- Place 4 flautas on serving plate, pour hot DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Ready to Serve on top of flautas.
- Finish with cream, cheese, and red onion.