Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Succulent chicken and LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles are the foundation for the cheesy goodness of this fabulously delicious green chile chicken enchilada classic.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock, low-sodium
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 2 cups LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce
- 12 large corn tortillas
- 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese part-skim or low fat, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in cumin and flour and cook, stirring, 1 more minute.
- Gradually pour in stock, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring to make sure the flour doesn’t stick to bottom of pan; liquid will thicken.
- Fold in shredded chicken, diced chilies and cilantro; season well with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour ½ cup of LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce onto bottom of a 9”x13” pan and distribute evenly.
- Dip a tortilla into the LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce and place on a cutting board.
- Put a big scoop of the chicken mixture in center, sprinkle with a little of cheese and roll tortilla like a cigar to enclose filling.
- Use a spatula to place tortilla seam side down in baking dish.
- Fill rest of tortillas and place into baking dish.
- Pour remaining LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbly and cracked on top.