Skip to content
- 1 pound dried elbow pasta
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa
- ¾ pound of chorizo, cooked and crumbled
- Jalapenos, sliced
- Garnish: Queso fresco
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add pasta.
- Cook elbow pasta 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 30 seconds, stir constantly with a whisk. (Be careful not to burn the flour mixture.)
- Stir in milk and continue stirring for 3 minutes until mixture boils and becomes thick.
- Once mixture has thickened, slowly add shredded cheese; gently stir until cheese has melted. Sauce should be creamy and smooth.
- To the cheese mixture, add cooked crumbled chorizo and ½ cup of HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa.
- Carefully add the cooked pasta into the cheese sauce and stir to evenly combine.
- Transfer to an oven-safe casserole dish or a cast-iron skillet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with sliced jalapenos and queso fresco.