Salsa Verde Chilaquiles
This easy Mexican salsa verde chilaquiles recipe is full of traditional flavor and topped with HERDEZ® Salsa Verde! It also works great with leftover tortilla chips or even nachos, transforming them into the perfect weekend breakfast.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas, quartered
- 1 (16-ounce) jar HERDEZ® Salsa Verde
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons Cotija or queso fresco
- Crema Mexicana
- Salt to taste
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Working in batches, add tortillas, frying until golden brown.
- Remove to paper towel lined plate.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of oil from pan. Add salsa and bring to a simmer.
- Add fried tortillas and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring gently, until well-coated and heated through.
- Top with red onion, cheese, and crema.