Lentil Soup with Nopales
Lentil Soup with DOÑA MARÍA® Nopalitos is a hearty, flavorful dish that will make you want seconds.
1 hour 10 Minutes
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chile morita, sliced
- 1 (30-ounce) jar DOÑA MARÍA® Nopalitos, drained
- 2 cups lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 avocado, diced
- In blender cup place tomatoes. Blend 1 to 2 minutes on low until well pureed.
- In large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic and chile morita 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add tomato puree. Cook 3 to 4 minutes to combine.
- Add lentils and broth. Bring to boil over a high heat. Reduce heat low. Cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until lentils are tender. Remove from heat.
- Add the nopales. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with avocados.