Skip to content
- 1 pound elbow macaroni (or other favorite shaped pasta)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 HERDEZ® corn tortillas, diced
- 1 teaspoon or a “pinch” of Kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons Maseca
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup HERDEZ® Salsa Verde
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven 375°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, leaving slightly firm.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add tortillas and stir 4 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add pinch of salt and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low and add 3 tablespoons of butter.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and Maseca.
- Pour mixture into a pot while whisking constantly. Whisk 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Add 3 cups of cheese, HERDEZ® Salsa Verde, broccoli, cooked pasta, tortillas, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper; stir until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to large greased casserole dish or 6 individual greased baking dishes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and butter over top.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted, golden and bubbly.