Skip to content
- 4 rolls telera, bolillo, or French rolls, split
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup refried black beans, warmed
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 15-ounce package HERDEZ™ Beef Barbacoa, heated according to package directions
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- Pickled jalapeños, as desired
- Spread cut sides of rolls generously with mayonnaise. In large skillet over medium-high heat toast roll halves, mayonnaise side down, 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Spread tops of rolls with avocado. Spread bottoms of rolls with refried beans. Layer with lettuce, beef, tomato slices, onion and jalapeños as desired. Sandwich together.