Mexican Breakfast Casserole
We have combined all your favorite breakfast foods with our bold Mexican flavors to create this delicious casserole dish.
1 hour 5 minutes
1 hour 10 minutes
- 16 corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- ½ tablespoon oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ – pound ground beef
- ½ – pound sausage
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup HERDEZ® Salsa Casera Medium
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces LA VICTORIA® Diced Green Chiles Mild
- ½ cup HERDEZ® Avocado Hot Sauce, separated
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ½ cups shredded Mexican cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- HERDEZ® Avocado Hot Sauce
- HERDEZ® Traditional Guacamole
- Sour cream
- Heat oven to 375°.
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onions, green bell peppers and red bell peppers for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and sausage, cook 5 minutes or until browned. (Drain grease if necessary)
- Add taco seasoning and water; bring mixture to boil, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- While meat simmers, combine HERDEZ® Salsa, HERDEZ® Avocado Hot Sauce, corn, black beans, and green chiles in medium bowl.
- In large measuring bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Spray casserole dish with cooking oil and layer ½ meat mixture, ½ of tortilla quarters flat, ½ salsa mixture, and ½ of cheese.
- Repeat layering ½ meat mixture, ½ of tortillas, and ½ salsa mixture. Then pour egg mixture over evenly. Top with remaining ½ of cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes, or until the center does not jiggle.
- Top with green onions and tomatoes.
- Serve with HERDEZ® Avocado Hot Sauce, HERDEZ® Traditional Guacamole, and sour cream.