Mexican Spiced Onion Rings
Nothing compares to homemade onion rings, except maybe those with an extra kick! Adding taco sauce to the batter is exactly the new cooking adventure you’ve been looking for.
- 1 yellow onion
- ½ cup flour, separated
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup LA VICTORIA® Taco Sauce
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Slice onion into ¼ inch rings and separate.
- In gallon bag or medium bowl, add ¼ cup of flour and onion and toss until all onion pieces are coated.
- In a bowl, combine panko crumbs, paprika, and garlic powder.
- In another bowl combine eggs, buttermilk and taco sauce. Whisk until combined. Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup flour. Mixture will have pancake batter consistency.
- Dip onion rings one at a time into egg mixture, then into breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat. Place onto large rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with remaining onion rings.
- Bake 10 minutes. Turn and bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown and crisped.
- Serve with additional LA VICTORIA® Taco Sauce.