- 1 yellow onion
- ½ cup flour, separated
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup LA VICTORIA® Taco Sauce
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Slice onion into ¼ inch rings and separate.
- In gallon bag or medium bowl, add ¼ cup of flour and onion and toss until all onion pieces are coated.
- In a bowl, combine panko crumbs, paprika, and garlic powder.
- In another bowl combine eggs, buttermilk and taco sauce. Whisk until combined. Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup flour. Mixture will have pancake batter consistency.
- Dip onion rings one at a time into egg mixture, then into breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat. Place onto large rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with remaining onion rings.
- Bake 10 minutes. Turn and bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown and crisped.
- Serve with additional LA VICTORIA® Taco Sauce.