- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened Mexican chocolate
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons DOÑA MARIA® Mole Original
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chunks, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar, mole paste, vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth. Stir in chocolate mixture. Gradually fold in flour, stirring until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 8-x 8-inch baking pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand until completely cooled.
- In medium saucepan, heat cream over medium heat. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add chocolate and let stand 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Let stand 5 minutes more. Spoon mixture over cooled brownies and walnuts (if desired).