Sweeten your day with these mole cookies! After all, mole already has chocolate as an ingredient! These delicious treats will change your views on this very versatile sauce.
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Chop chocolate into ½-inch cubes.
- In medium heat-proof bowl or double boiler place chopped chocolate and mole. Melt over simmering water stirring until smooth. Allow to cool.
- In large bowl using handheld mixer cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time until combined. Add cooled chocolate mixture, mixing to incorporate.
- In small bowl combine flour, cocoa and baking powder. Stir into wet ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag.
- Grease two 12×18-inch baking sheets.
- Using both hands (one at the top of the bag and one at the bottom) squeeze the dough to form 1 ½ inch circles, leaving ½ in between them until both baking sheets are covered (making about 30 cookies).
- Evenly sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 23 minutes or until fully baked.
- Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!