For the muffins:
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 salt teaspoon
- 1 yeast tablespoon
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup chopped dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- ⅓ cup DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original
For the whipped cream:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original
- 1 Pastry bag with star strip
- In large bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, yeast and salt.
- In medium bowl, combine milk and lemon juice. Stir and let sit 15 minutes or until thickened.
- In electric mixer bowl at medium speed, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. With mixer running, add butter to egg mixture, beating continuously for 8 minutes.
- Add reserved milk and DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to mixer bowl, beating at low speed 4 to 5 minutes or until well blended.
- Finely chop chocolate and spread over dough.
- In small saucepan at medium heat, place chocolate until melted. Pour into muffin pan up to a third of capacity.
- Heat oven 20 minutes to 350ºF, place muffin tin cups into oven.
- In manual mixer at medium speed, whip cream and sugar until cream shaped form. Fill pastry bag with a star tip.
- In large bowl using an electric mixer, whip cream and sugar just until stiff peaks form.
- Top cupcakes with whipped cream.