Grab a slice of Mole Pizza topped with slices of tomatoes and onions.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 ½ Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 (13.8 ounce) can classic pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet or medium saucepan (8-inch) over medium to high heat. Add mole paste and chicken stock, stirring well until mole paste is completely dissolved; season with salt and pepper to taste. When mole sauce starts to boil, reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer (5 minutes). Set aside.
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add mole and chicken stock. Bring mixture to boil, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook 5 minutes or until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In large mixing bowl stir together 1 cup mole sauce and shredded chicken.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Grease 2 individual (8-inch) pizza pans with cooking spray. Divide pizza dough in half and roll out dough to fit pizza pans.
- Spread 3/4 cups of mole sauce on each pizza dough. Top each pizza with 1 cup of shredded chicken, 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, half of the red onion, Roma tomato and chopped cilantro.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese has completely melted.