Nopalitos Ice Cream
This fresh and authentic recipe will fulfill your sweet cravings. The perfect dessert for a hot day.
3 Hours 40 Minutes
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ (15-ounce) jar DONA MARIA® Nopalitos, drained
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, mix water and sugar. Cook 4 minutes or until mixture is clear and syrupy. Cool completely.
- In large bowl, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- In blender jar at high speed, place DOÑA MARÍA® Nopalitos and syrup. Blend 3 minutes.
- In medium bowl, whip egg whites with powdered sugar until stiff. Stir in nopalitos mixture until blended. Fold mixture into whipped cream.
- Freeze 3 hours.