Papas con Chorizo y Huevos
This is the potato, chorizo and egg breakfast that you’ll love to make! The flavors of Mexico come alive for this easy and delicious breakfast. Need an on-the-go option? Stuff this savory skillet breakfast into a tortilla for a next level breakfast burrito.
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large russet potato, diced 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1-pound pork chorizo
- ½ onion, diced small
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- HERDEZ® Avocado Hot Sauce
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Warm tortillas
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook potatoes 8-10 minutes, stirring throughout. Remove from heat, drain remaining oil.
- Add chorizo to skillet and cook for 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add onions, cook for additional 1-2 minutes, or until translucent. Remove chorizo and onions from skillet, set aside.
- Cook eggs in skillet, add salt and pepper to taste
- Add potatoes, chorizo and onions back to skillet and combine with eggs.
- Top with HERDEZ® Avocado Hot Sauce, queso fresco and cilantro.
- Serve with warm tortillas.