Pollo Encacahuatado al Mole
Simmered DOÑA MARÍA® Mole and peanut butter create a satisfyingly rich sauce for chicken.
- 2 (6-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 medium onion, cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (8.25-ounce) jar DOÑA MARIA® Mole Original
- 1-1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups of white rice
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, chopped onions, and garlic for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and onions are soft.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken broth and mole sauce. Add in peanut butter, cumin, and cinnamon stick and stir until fully combined
- Cover chicken with mole mixture, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice.