Skip to content
- 1 1⁄2tsp salt
- 3⁄4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (4 pound) pork shoulder, fat trimmed
- 1 bottle + 1 cup of HERDEZ® Taqueria Street Sauce, separated
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle pineapple or grapefruit soda made with real sugar
- Corn Tortillas
- Purple onion, chopped
- Cilantro, Chopped
- Queso fresco, crumbled
- Heat oven to 300° F
- In small bowl, combine salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Rub mixture over pork.
- In Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add pork; sear 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Add 1 bottle HERDEZ® Taqueria Street Sauce and soda. Cover and transfer to oven. Bake 2 to 3 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- Transfer roasted pork from pot to a bowl leaving juices in the pot. Place pot over high heat and bring liquid to a boil stirring often. Simmer for 10 minutes until liquid has reduced to about 1 cup.
- Shred pork with a fork and return to liquid. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve meat with corn tortillas, remaining HERDEZ® Taqueria Street Sauce, onion, cilantro and Queso Fresca.