- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato cut into ½ inches cubes
- ½ (4.125 – ounces) DOÑA MARÍA®® Nopalitos, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In small bowl, add cornmeal, pour water little by little, until moist dough is formed. Reserve.
- In small skillet, over medium heat, add oil, onion, garlic, and sauté.
- Turn up heat, add tomato, and sauté for 5 minutes. Add DOÑA MARÍA® Nopalitos, saute for 8 minutes and reserve.
- Form a ¼ inch thick, circular disc with the dough. Place a tablespoon of the DOÑA MARÍA® Nopalitos mixture in the center and fold in the edges until you form a medium-sized pupusa filled with the nopales.
- Repeat until you finish with the dough.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add pupusas and cook until golden brown on each side. Serve on a plate.