Roasted Poblano Chicken Enchiladas
Go traditional with these chicken enchiladas. Add poblano peppers and our HERDEZ® Roasted Poblano Cremosa Salsa for that spicy kick.
1 hour 10 minutes
- 4 cups finely shredded cooked chicken
- Salt to taste
- 2 large roasted poblano peppers, peeled and sliced into strips Salt to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) jar of HERDEZ® Roasted Poblano Cremosa Salsa, divided
- ½ cup grapeseed or canola oil
- 12-14 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup crumbled or finely grated Cotija cheese
- ½ cup Mexican crema
- 2 cups diced and fried potatoes
- Shredded cabbage or lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- Lime wedges
- In medium bowl, combine chicken, 6 ounces salsa, and pepper strips. Season to taste with salt.
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Fry tortillas 25 to 30 seconds per side, or until softened. Transfer tortillas to a paper towel lined plate. Keep tortillas covered.
- In small sauce pan, warm remaining salsa. Heat the reserved chicken on the stove top or in the microwave.
- To assemble, dip tortilla in warm roasted poblano salsa cremosa. Place onto center of serving platter or plate, fill with chicken and fold over. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Place fried potatoes on one side. Place cabbage, tomatoes and onions on the other side. Sprinkle on cotija cheese to enchiladas and drizzle with Mexican crema.
- Serve with avocado and lime wedges. Rice and beans make great sides for enchiladas!