Roasted Poblano Skillet Chicken
A skillet chicken with poblano salsa is a creamy and hearty dish perfect for cold winter nights.
- 2 teaspoons of salt, separated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 8 pieces chicken, thighs and legs
- 3 tablespoons of grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 cup onion, sliced into thin strips
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) jar HERDEZ® Roasted Poblano Salsa Cremosa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 poblanos, previously roasted, cleaned and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine salt, black pepper and granulated garlic, Season the chicken pieces lightly on both sides. Set aside and let it come to room temperature for 20 minutes.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil at medium heat for 2-3 minutes
- Place chicken pieces, skin down, into skillet. Brown and sear for 4 minutes preside. Remove
chicken from skillet and transfer to plate. Reserve
- In same skillet, saute onions for 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add HERDEZ® Roasted Poblano Salsa and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a
- Add chicken pieces back in, cover and braise for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add roasted poblano and zucchini and onion into shallow bowl. Add 2 pieces of chicken and