Skip to content
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, halved and seeded and finely chopped
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) jar HERDEZ® Roasted Salsa Verde
- 1 (4.25-ounce) can diced green chilies
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Garnish: HERDEZ® Tortilla chips, diced avocado, and sour cream
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- Add onion and cook 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic and jalapeño; cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cumin and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth, salsa verde and green chilies; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with suggested garnish.