Back to all Recipes Serving Suggestion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup cooking Sherry
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 (15-ounce) can white queso
- 1 (4.25- ounces) can CHI-CHI’S® diced green chilies
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1 (11-ounces) bag CHI-CHI’S® tortilla chips
- 8 ounces small, peeled, cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 1 (8-ounces) package imitation flaked crab
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- CHI-CHI’S® salsa, for serving
- Heat oven to 400˚F.
- Lightly coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray or line with foil.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- Whisk in Sherry and milk. Bring to a boil. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- Stir in white queso and 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, 1/3 cup green onions, diced green chilies, half of the shrimp, and half of the imitation flaked crab.
- Layer half of the tortilla chips in a prepared pan.
- Spoon a generous amount of sauce mixture over chips. Sprinkle with half of the remaining cheese. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining shrimp, crab flakes, and cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until hot, and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with remaining green onions and cilantro.
- Serve with CHI-CHI’S® salsa if desired.