Seared Tuna with Mole
Dive into a sea of flavor. If you're looking to take your palate to new depths, you need to try this recipe.
- ½ cup carrot, cut into ½ cubes
- ½ cup broccoli
- 1 squash, sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ (2 – ounces) jar DOÑA MARÍA® Original Mole
- 1 cup fish broth
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 ounces of tuna, sliced
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- In steamer, place carrot and squash with butter and cook for 10 minutes. Add broccoli and continue cooking for 5 more minutes. Reserve.
- In medium pot over low heat, add DOÑA MARÍA® Original Mole and fish broth. Cook for 4 minutes until mixed well.
- In small skillet over moderate heat, place sesame seeds until toasted and reserve.
- In medium skillet, heat vegetable oil over high heat. Sear tuna on both sides for 2 minutes and reserve.
- Place DOÑA MARÍA® Original Mole on serving plates, add sesame seeds and sliced tuna. Accompany with steamed vegetables. Add lemon to taste.