Skip to content
- 4 pounds pork shoulder, cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt, separated
- 3 teaspoons black pepper, separated
- 3 teaspoons granulated minced garlic, separated
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin, separated
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 (16-ounce) jars HERDEZ® Roasted Salsa Verde
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire roasted green chilies
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1-2 jalapeños, minced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water, chilled
- In small bowl combine the 2 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. pepper, 2 tsp. granulated garlic and 2 tsp. cumin. Mix well. Set aside
- Slice pork and season all over with the spice blend. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a slow cooker, add HERDEZ® Roasted Salsa Verde, green chilies, onion, jalapeños, cilantro and
reserved spices. Turn heat to high.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Working in batches, brown pork slices. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir all the ingredients until well combined. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, mix cornstarch with the cold water until smooth. While stirring chile verde, pour
cornstarch slurry and Mexican oregano. Cover and continue cooking on high for an additional
- Serve with rice, beans and warm tortillas.