Spicy Turkey Taco Zucchini Boats
A unique, gluten-free twist on tacos! Enjoy a fresh take on taco night. Spicy Turkey Taco Zucchini Boats, made with LA VICTORIA® Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, provide a bold and spicy flavor for a fabulous meal.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Roasted Red Pepper Salsa
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley
- Sour cream and LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce, for serving
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out inside using a teaspoon to create a “boat.”
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté, breaking up turkey, until just cooked through.
- Add garlic. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and lime juice; stir to combine.
- Stir in corn and LA VICTORIA® Roasted Red Pepper Salsa.
- Cook 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Fill each zucchini half with turkey mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Transfer zucchini boats to baking dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown and bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Serve with sour cream and LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce.